Thursday 19 May 2011

Knee Face!






Well! As you can see, I painted the silly titan knee! Actually, I quite like this thing. I know a lot of people must hate it. It does belong on £500 of very serious model, and adds a certain '90's chaos flare' but at the same time, I can't help but look at it a smile. I genuinely think is ace! 

 
I have also done some more serious work on the machine. Started painting armour plates. Got as far a doing the legs. I'm quite proud of the granite colour I've got going on here. just a tad of green to ensure it doesn't look like on imperial bunker on legs. Here's how I did it:



First off, I base coated the armour charadon granite. A nice colour to start. 


Next, I blocked in the main colour with a large artist's brush. The colour is 2/3rds charadon granite, 1/3rd bleached bone, approximately. 

 Finally, 50-50 bleached bone to charadon granite, and gently applied it with a soft sponge. This breaks up the edges and the uneven texture makes it look like its stood the test of time a bit more than regular highlighting. 

So this is where I'm up to now. The legs as unpainted, but the armour still isn't glued on. I'm going to get the whole titan to this stage, then I'll begin to weather the whole thing, so I can see how it'll look and I don't go overboard. 

Keep an eye out! 

Thanks for looking,

Gonders

3 comments:

  1. Gee! That knee plate looks overwhelming. Looks like the cover of a metal album. :D Great work indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the knee looks great, a nice bit of detail. Lack of detail on titans is a gripe of mine when it comes to most model/paintjobs. On a model of that size, I'd think you'd see loads of variation from armor plate to armor plate (and then murals on top of that!). Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yeah, I like it! Yeah, Viva the metal inspired chaos era!!

    ReplyDelete