Friday 14 February 2014

Tharn Ravagers & Tharn Wolfriders.


Continuing my post from the other week, I've been hammering on with the Hordes Circle comission. I had a mad busy weekend the other week, so not a huge amount got done then, but other than that, I'm on target to get them in post on time. 

So first up, I've finished the wolf riders unit.


I get awfully worried, my camera skills are not up to much. I just don't have the equipment to take really decent photos of miniatures. I mean, I kind half get it right, but everything looks so much flat than it should.

 

After the wolf riders, a unit of Tharn ravagers is on the list. A full unit plus shaman weapon attachment. I have to say ravagers appeared to have suffered a lot in privateer's switch to plastic. The old metal leader model was stunning, and the new one just doesn't compare. Kinda like the dire troll maulers from our troll blood friends.


Again, managing to make everything flatter than a pancake. 


The shaman is a funky little model though. he looks a little less flat.


Here is our leader. 


And one more of the whole lot for good luck. The bases on all of this lot are being finished off by their proper owner, so I'll not see 'em properly finished. Shame really. 

There's only one more model to go, the chieftain solo to go with these guys. Once he's finished this weekend, it's back in the post for these guys. 

All this privateer painting, joined with the fact our club has picked up the game again has inspired me a little. I've managed to trade some Cygnar via several online sources. I think my next project, juding by the state of what I've received in the post the last few days, will be a full metal restoration job for a Cygnar army of my own. next stop, the scrap yard!


No comments:

Post a Comment